Sunday, January 6, 2008

nashotah ski race

Friday night Ashley drove to my house and we went to a drum circle. I went to it once before but this time there was way more people...twenty to be exact. It was fun for about the first two songs but after that my hands got super tired. About half way through two guys came in..they ended up sitting right next to Ashley and I...they smelled like icky drugs...either way they just so happened to be super good at drumming. After that we went back home and passed out.
Saturday morning we got up and drove to Waukesha. When we got to Joe's house we had this extreme nerf gun fight with Jacob and his friend.
Photobucket
After that adventure was over we left to go to the race. Once we got there I warmed up for a little while with Ashley. I became one with the snow real fast..while having a hard time getting up Ashley just seemed to sit there and laugh :]
How to start a ski race.
I thought you just started skating right away. Well guess what..that wasn't correct. Akward double pull and total all upper body.
Around the first corner, Ashley and I were both up around the top ten. Before I knew it I was surrounded by kids from the Blue Ski Army. I ended up passing Ashley on the first hill. Soon after that I figured out that I was having fun. I slowly was catching the girl that got second on Wednesday night. For most of the race I just tried closing the gap. If I KNEW how to do anything besides V1 I most likely would have passed her. She only beat me by 5 seconds...that kind of made me mad. I ended up 2nd...which is cool.
Overall, it was a lot of fun. Ashley ended up finishing 3rd in 17-18.
John finishing 2nd in 15-16.

Skiing is FUN!!!

1 comment:

What Do I Feel Like Riding today? said...

and you know what? I did a MTB Race is 70 degree weather the day before, ha.